COMPETITION INSTRUCTIONS HERE!
TAKING ACCOUNT COVID-19 PANDEMIC INTO ARRANGEMENTS
Kainuu Liikunta and Sotkamo Municipal Infection Act to prevent the spread of the covid-19 epidemic at the Vuokatti Hiihto.
Participants in the event must familiarize themselves with and commit to this Code of Conduct.
Consideration of the corona pandemic in the event:
- Only healthy and asymptomatic participants may attend the event.
- It is the responsibility of each customer to act in a safe manner, taking other people into account.
- Customers have the opportunity to clean their hands.
- We recommend using a face mask indoors and when it is not possible to keep safety distances.
- Cough and sneeze properly: protect your mouth and nose with a disposable handkerchief or the sleeve of your blouse, for example, when you cough or sneeze. Immediately place the used handkerchief in the trash and wash your hands.
- Customers are admitted indoors to the extent that physical contact can be avoided and adequate safety clearances can be maintained.
- At service points, drinks and meals are dispensed.
- When eating we recommend sitting at the same table only with people from your own party. Masks are used in food distribution.
- We recommend that guests primarily use the washrooms of their own accommodation. In public washrooms, the customer must provide adequate safety clearance for other people.
- Premises and surfaces are effectively cleaned as required by the situation during the event.
ADDRESS OF THE EVENT CENTRE
Opistontie 1, 88610 Vuokatti, Finland
100km (50km classic + 50km free)
VUOKATTI HIIHTO PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE
|Fri 4.3. 2022||Time||Notice|
|10.00 – 20.00||Intersport shop open at the Vuokatti ski tunnel|
|14.00 – 20.00||Event office open in the Vuokatti Areena lobby|
|14.00 – 20.00||START waxing service open in the Vuokatti Areena lobby|
|Sat 5.3. 2022||Time||Notice|
|6.30 – 18.00||Event office open in the Vuokatti Areena lobby|
|6.30 – 12.00||START waxing service open in the Vuokatti Areena lobby|
|7.00 – 17.00||Intersport shop open at the Vuokatti ski tunnel|
|100 km (c+f)||8.00||100 km: First 50km Classic style and the second 50km Freestyle|
|50 km (c)||8.00|
|30 km (c)||9.15|
|30 km (f)||9.45|
|50 km (f)||10.15|
|10 km (c & f)||12.30|
|13.30||Prize giving ceremony (30km, 50km + lottery prices)|
|16.00||Prize giving ceremony 100km|
ROUTE MAPS AND PROFILES
Note! Examine the map beforehand and check the skiing route before you take off for the race on Friday.
50km – 5 service points – more information will be updated here later.
30km – 3 service points – more information will be updated here later.
10km – 1 service point – more information will be updated here later.
100km skiers use the same service points with 50km skiers.
The service points offer juice, sports drinks, water, pickles, raisins and many other things. The variety of the products depends on the particular service point. For the skiers who participate in the 100km, there are also a skiing booth with service racks at the stadium area. There will be changing rooms and toilets nearby if needed.
The waxing service is provided by START
Opening times: Fri 4.3. klo 14.00-20.00, Sat 5.3. klo 06.30-12.00
Waxing price list here.
The three fastest men and women of every race (30km c, 30km f, 30km f U18, 50km c, 50km f and 100 km) will be awarded with gift cards. Results will be published also by age categories (M, W, M40, W40, M50, W50, M60 and W60).
The main categories in Vuokatti Hiihto are M/ W 50 km freestyle. On those categories prize money will be awarded for 3 best skiers as follows:
1 st place – 700 €
2nd place – 400 €
3rd place – 200 €
30km, 50km and lottery prizes – at 14.00 at the finish area
100km – at 16.00 at the finish area
TRACK AND WEATHER CONDITIONS
THIS YEAR VUOKATTI HIIHTO GOES SUPER ECOLOGICAL!
We are building an Ecocompass-certificate to our events. This means that our aim is to create and carry through our events with a minimum burden to the environment. Thank you for being part of this important action towards an environmental friendly event.
This is how you can help us in our mission:
- Put your trash always into the bin and sort it correctly. Littering is absolutely prohibited! All the waste will be collected, sorted, and recycled. We will help you in this. All you need to do is ask.
- Mark your name or participant number to your gels and snacks with a waterproof marker. We hope that you have the time to drop your waste into the bins but for the first time we have an actual
“trash zone” within the service area. These zones are marked, and you can leave your trash only in these areas. We will be doing some High5 prize drawing among the participants who have followed these instructions correctly.
- Select a fluorine-free ski wax. Did you know that waxes with fluorine are hazardous waste and can cause danger to our health and to the environment. The waste left behind from fluorine wax require special treatment so if you nevertheless choose to use them it is important to take them to hazardous waste disposal in your own city. Hazardous waste can’t be left on the event venue!
- To reach the event venue favour carpool or public transport. If you can share a lift with your friend, you will save the carbon dioxide emission of a one car. Join the new Facebook Group Endurance Kainuu -kimppakyydit where you can offer or look for a carpool.
- You will find all the necessary information from Endurance Kainuu Application. The idea is to reduce all the paper waste. You can download the App for free from Google Play or App Store.
- Choose the healthy and climate friendly vegetarian food alternative. We always serve also the vegetarian alternative. Did you know that the emissions are significantly lower with vegetarian alternative than meat based alternatives.
- Bringing your own water bottle is a true ecofriendly action! The tap water in Finland is probably the best in the world! By refilling your own bottle time after time, you reduce the need of bottled water and avoid the burden for the environment caused by the production, transport and conservation of it.
How have we reduced the impacts on environment:
- The waste sorting points are everywhere and made easy to spot. We have made our best to bring the sorting points close to you. All the bins are marked with instruction signs.
- The event has been designed to be carried through with a minimum waste. We have replaced all the disposable materials wherever it has been possible.
- We reduce the logistics’ emissions by planning the routes in advance. This means that we save time, driving, money and above all the environment.
- We favour in all our acquisitions the local producers, recycling, and reuse. For example the medal that you will receive is handmade locally.